Tuesday 20 January 2009

Continuity Task - Script

BEN opens the door, the shot is from behind.

He walks through towards the camera, and over to a desk where DR. ACHMED is sitting. He sits down.

Over DR. ACHMED’s shoulder shot, viewing BEN as he starts to talk.

BEN: I need your help. It’s my fish.

DR. ACHMED: What’s wrong with it?

BEN: Well I’ve had him for 5 years now, and I’ve grown really attached to him, but he’s ill. I think he is going to die.

Over BEN’s shoulder shot, viewing DR. ACHMED as he suggests a remedy.

DR. ACHMED: I think I can help you with this. We’re making a type of plastic surgery for fish, which allows them to have a fake plastic fin put on.

It returns back to an over the shoulder shot, viewing BEN, as he ponders the idea of a plastic fin.

BEN: A fake plastic fin? It will probably be able to swim a bit easier, and it will probably be able to eat a lot more.

DR. ACHMED: But it may get bullied by the bigger fish.

Returns to over BEN’s shoulder again as DR. ACHMED doesn’t take Ben seriously.

DR. ACHMED: The only problem is, when this fish gets this plastic fin…

DR. ACHMED starts laughing.

BEN: Are you laughing at me? At my fish? Because he’ll get a plastic fin? He might die! He was my best friend for five f**king years!

BEN angrily stands up and shoves papers off DR. ACHMED’s desk.

The camera follows BEN as he starts to walk out, and as he leaves the room, DR. ACHMED Speaks:

DR. ACHMED: I’m sorry!

BEN slams the door shut, after turning round and yelling:

BEN: F**k you!

BEN Exits.

No comments: